Monday, November 5, 2012

CMC 2012


It was another fulfilling learning experience at this year's CMC math conference in Palm Springs.  On Friday morning, I attended two AP Stats sessions by Starnes.  While the first session involved much pure math at a high level, the second session provide me with more inference activities that I may use for my stats class.  I picked up many freebies at the lunch meeting for AP Stats teachers.  After lunch, I attended an engaging TI-Nspire session by Reardon.  The last session was by Cheng, who provided many ideas on re-booting our instructions to meet the new testing challenges.  As usual, my brian was fried by the evening.  To clear my mind, I ran 5 miles up and down the Palm Springs downtown.

On Sunday morning, I attended an Algebra session on using myths and fables to engage students.  Presenters Wolf and Maggiore provided scenarios more student participation.  The second session was an TI-Nspire activity by Godbold for AP Statistics.  Lastly, I attending Lim's math in TV and movies session.  It was a more relaxing way to end my attendance at this year's CMC conference.  As always, I strive to bring back what I can to benefit my students.

PS - 100% of the cost of this trip came out of my own expense.  I took a personal day off to attend Friday's sessions.

No comments: