Wednesday, November 3, 2010

More Time Please


Today's professional development was better than the ones before. We had several isolated meetings throughout the day after a strong opening session. At the end, however, I am not sure if I have gained any major new skills or have simply learned more about our current education system. I'm still amazed when I look around the meeting and see so many talented and passionate teachers. Then, it hits me that we are often wasting our time and energy in some of these meetings. It'd be so cool if we can just have time to collaborate and be creative - to come up with lesson plans with teachers from other disciplines, to share ideas and techniques that work. I hear Google gives its employees time to create freely, and often the best work/ideas come from those hours. I think it can work at the school level as well.

(image from thinkgeek.com)

No comments: