Saturday, October 17, 2009

Mike


I lost a dear friend yesterday. I've known Mike since about fourth grade, that's about 20 of my 30 years. We lived together for three years at UC Irvine. It was pure good times. We studied together, we worked out together, we ate together. Mike inspired me to teach. He was a LARC tutor before I knew anything about LARC. If it wasn't for Mike, I may have never became a LARC tutor at UCI, and may have never became a teacher. Teaching is a huge part of the present "me", I often feel that aside from family and friends, teaching is all that I have. Mike will always be a major part of what I do as "Mr. Yip".

Mike, I miss you. I know you fought with all that you've got. I am so proud of you, and as proud to have spend so much quality time with you.

No comments: